Savage Sixth World : Hawaii Edition
History and Timeline
What the drek has happened to my Hawaii?
- 300–600 – Polynesians first settle the archipelago.
- 1527 – Seven European shipwreck survivors land at Kealakekua Bay on the Big Island and later marry into the extended royal family.
- 1555 – Spaniard Juan Gaetano charts the archipelago.
- 1778 – James Cook ‘discovers’ the archipelago, calling it the “Sandwich Islands”.
The First Kingdom
- 1790 – Kamehameha becomes King of the Big Island.
- 1810 – Kamehameha completes unifying the islands.
- 1819 – Kamehameha II – King after father’s death.
- 1820 – The first missionaries arrive and begin to suppress Hawaiʻian culture and language.
- 1825 – Kamehameha III – King after brother’s death.
- 1830s – Americans establish sugar plantations.
- 1840 – First constitution of Hawaiʻi drafted by Kamehameha III and his chiefs.
- 1855 – Kamehameha IV – King after uncle’s death.
- 1863 – Kamehameha V – King after brother’s death.
- 1873 – Lunalilo – King after cousin’s death.
- 1874 – Kalākaua – King after Lunalilo dies heirless.
- 1887 – “Bayonet Constitution” forces the monarchy to give up much of its power, and restricts voting rights to wealthy land owners.
- 1891 – Liliʻuokalani – Queen after brother’s death.
- 1893 – New constitution proposed by Queen Liliʻuokalani. It would restore the monarchy’s power and lower property requirements for voters. American interests depose her in response.
- 1894 – Sanford B. Dole declares Hawaii a republic.
- 1895 – Liliʻuokalani is convicted as a Royalist conspirator and sentenced to 5 years house arrest.
- 1898 – The USA annexes the islands.
- 1900 – The USA declares the islands a U.S. territory.
- 1917 – Liliʻuokalani dies.
- 1959 – The USA makes the islands the 50th state.
- 1990s – The beginnings of a “Hawaiʻi for Hawaiʻians” movement.
The Sixth World
- 2009 – Succession movements begin.
- 2011 – ALOHA (Army for the Liberation Of HAwaiʻi) begins car-bombing U.S. military assets. The Awakening is a dramatic event that occurs around 2011. Magic emerges from its dormancy and returns to the world. Due to Hawaii’s isolation in the Pacific, the effects of magic and Unexplained Genetic Expression (UGE) aren’t felt until 2016.
- 2014 – The state government declares martial law.
- 2017 August 22 – Danforth Ho—a descendant of King Kamehameha III—takes the name King Kamehameha IV and declares the Kingdom of Hawaiʻi a sovereign nation.
- 2017 – The U.S. first opposes, then accepts Hawaiʻian independence. Rumors persist of Megacorporate pressure on Washington to accept.
- 2017 November 15 – Mauna Kea (“Sky Father”) on the Big Island, thought dormant, has a limited eruption. This was later discovered to be an echo of the Great Ghost Dance.
- 2018 April 25 The United States of America, Canada, Aztlan, and the Native American Nations ratify the Treaty of Denver. Most of western North America is ceded to the NAN. Daniel Howling Coyote becomes head of the Sovereign Tribal Council. Denver is divided into districts under the jurisdiction of the United States, Aztlan, and the NAN member states. Sovereign Kingdom of Hawaii is also a part of NAN.
- 2022 – Island of Lana’i is sold to Trump/Hilton Megacorp as a tourist island resort.
- 2023 – GMOs are declared legal due to rising demand of cheaper, more affordable food sources grown on outer islands of Hawai’i and Kaua’i.
- 2024 – Super Ferry system returns to assist in employee commutes between islands, especially to Lana’i and Oahu.
- 2029 – The Crash Virus of 2029 practically cripples economy of Kingdom of Hawaii. Danforth Ho steps down as Ali’i Kamehameha IV and declares son Gordon (age 18) Ali’i Kamehameha V.
- 2050 – Aliʻi Kamehameha V remains as king, but is mostly a puppet-sovereign to the Megacorps.